A quick note about the term bankruptcy trustee. Recently the Superintendent of Bankruptcy changed the designation from bankruptcy trustee to licensed insolvency trustee. For a while you will see the terms used interchangeably however by April 2017, insolvency professionals licensed under the Bankruptcy & Insolvency Act will only be able to use the name Licensed Insolvency Trustee or LIT.
Bankruptcy is a difficult decision, so it is important that you choose a bankruptcy trustee that can guide you through the process. Here are some things to look for when choosing a from all of the Kitchener Waterloo bankruptcy trustees.
What office hours will your licensed insolvency trustee (bankruptcy trustees) be available in Kitchener Waterloo?
Some trustees are based in Toronto, Hamilton or London, and only travel to Kitchener Waterloo occasionally. You want to deal with a trustee with a permanent, fully staffed office in Kitchener, so that help is there when you need it. With your work schedule you want a trustee that can see you early in the morning, over the lunch hour, or later in the day.
You want a trustee that is locally owned and operated. You want a trustee that understands this area, because Kitchener Waterloo is different than Toronto. Different jobs lead to different results in a bankruptcy, so it is important that you have a local trustee to guide you through the process.
You also want a trustee that has enough professional staff to deal with all of your questions, even if your trustee is not available. What happens when your bankruptcy is over and you have a question? You want a trustee that is still there for you.
Why Talk To Us?
In Kitchener we recommend you talk to Hoyes, Michalos & Associates Inc. We have two licensed insolvency trustees in Kitchener: Scott Schaefer and Ian Martin. Furthermore:
- We never charge up front fees.
- Our licensed insolvency trustees live in the community.
- We have a proven track record of success. 99% of our consumer proposals are accepted by the creditors.
- Since opening in Kitchener Waterloo in 1999 Hoyes Michalos has dealt with thousands of people in the Kitchener Waterloo area, so we understand the local area.
- Because it’s our head office, we have staff available from 8:00 am to the early evening hours to help you with your bankruptcy questions.
- We guarantee respect, confidentiality and advice that fits your individual circumstances.
To arrange a meeting with one of our Hoyes Michalos Kitchener Waterloo bankruptcy professionals, call us at (519) 747-0660, or 310-PLAN, or e-mail them to arrange your no charge initial consultation, and let’s get started.